So. It's Been Awhile (again) Lol

But I always come back to this place.
My blog is like that old friend who, no matter how long you go without speaking, when you see each other again you can't help the need to fill each other in. 
Catch up. 
Restore bonds.
I stepped away from blogging for quite some time, for various reasons. One, being my slight obsession with twitter. I mean, I'm lazy. Who wants to write long drawn out emotional posts when I can just get my point across 140 snippy characters at a time? Lol. Another reason...? I've been on this journey of re-learning how to just live. I think that blogs and tweets are just a textual performance...but not everything needs an audience, I believe. And I felt myself forgetting that, so I've actually stepped away from my twitter for awhile. I'm GiGi. And as much as @LovePeaceCurls is a part of me, I'm so much more. 

I find myself making conscious efforts throughout each day, to think about what I want, vs what I think people want to see me do. In some ways I think I still feel broken, and I stopped trusting myself to know/determine what's good for me. But it's time for things to change.
It's almost 9am, and I've been up since about 5am. I was sound asleep and I got this urge to just look outside. So that's what I did. I bundled up. I went out on the front porch, and then I got cold so I got into my car lol. And I just watched. I watched the sun. The birds. The squirrels playing in the leaves that I'm sure I'll end up raking today. I watched random people walking to/from who-knows-where. I watched because I tend to overlook a lot of things. So I'm re-learning to sit back and just...see. It's fascinating what you can see when you focus your eyes.

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful place you're in, enjoy the journey of re-learning and welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails