What the Fuck Am I Doing?



True Life: I'm a Serial Monogamist.
I read somewhere that a man knows when you're someone he wants to be with, vs someone he wants to play around with. And that he acts/treats you accordingly. Sort of like how women know immediately upon meeting a guy whether or not they'd let him hit. Mmm hmm. Lol.
And these things make perfect sense to me. But I feel like...idk. Ive been struggling with the realization that I'm a serial monogamist. I don't ever really have guys that I just "talk to" or whatever,  I'm either in a relationship with someone, or I'm completely single.
Until now.
I'm trying to do the whole "talking" thing...and I don't feel like its for me. It's fun and all, but I feel like I need more. In the back of my mind it gives me this lingering question of "What am I missing?"...What is it about me that isn't good enough?
Call me crazy, naive, insecure, or whatever. I'm a work in progress. But I like titles. I like exclusivity. I like acknowledgment of the fact that I'm the only woman who makes you feel warm tingly fuzzy shit when you think of her. Not having those things is a slight struggle for me, mainly because I'm so used to having them. I've always been "claimed", lol and that's kinda all I know when it comes to relations & relationships. It's a necessary contrast to my usual, though. So I told myself I would just let things develop and see how they progress. That's probably going to be a lot harder than it sounds....but easy gets boring. 

2 comments:

  1. So I gotta tell you, I feel you on the whole talking thing. Not really my bag of tea either. But I do think it's better to take the time to get to know someone before slapping titles on each other. What if you boo someone up who turns out to be not worthy?? I dunno. As much as I don't really like that part of the whole relationship tango, it's a dance I'd rather do longer than jump into something with someone that may not be a good partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's like ok obviously jumping in hasn't worked out so far, lol so im trying to take a different approach this time. We'll see where it goes....

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails